Thursday, June 7, 2012

Post Two: Article Reflection

I think this article is very informative and shows the very reason why web literacy should be taught in school. The Internet has become the most used source for EVERYTHING these days. Students should be taught how to use it correctly in order to find creditable information. 
As a teacher, I hope that I will able to teach some sort of web literacy to my students. I plan to work with special needs students but, even the simple things needs to be taught because they will be using computers at times as well.
Web literacy is very important and should be taught throughout school, beginning in the early elementary grades. Children these days are smarter than we give them credit for and they learn so much from the Internet. Some things we wish they didn't learn from the Internet as well. This is why web literacy is very important to include in today's educational planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment